The information you share with Prideful Patchez allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience.
We promise our customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we’re building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers to manage your personal information properly.
We have designated a team of trained associates who are responsible for helping to ensure compliance with this Policy. We require all those who manage customers’ personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Type of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect?
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers and driver’s license numbers
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Health and health insurance information, such as prescription numbers and health insurance identification numbers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
- Biometric information, such as imagery of the iris, retina, and fingerprints
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
- Background and criminal information, such as background checks and criminal convictions
- Education information, such as degree and schooling information
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How Do We Collect Information
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information Provided Directly by You or a Member of Your Household
You actively share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
- Create an account on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Create a mobile shopping list;
- Participate in our programs, such as eReceipts;
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information (including when required by law, such as hunting and fishing licenses);
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
- Use features of our websites and mobile services that may ask you to grant us access to the camera or microphone on your computer or mobile device (such as voice search or scanning bar codes).
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You or Your Household
You also passively provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized shopping experience for you. For example: cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, web beacons, iframes and similar technologies.
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services and marketing to you, and prevent or detect fraud. We collect personal information from consumer reporting agencies in conjunction with products or services that involve financial risk to Walmart, such as transactions in which Walmart extends you financing.
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To do the above, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources.
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose. We will not sell or rent your personal information for money. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, for other companies to offer you and administer your use of co-branded products, in the event all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized, when legally required, as described below, or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers or Walmart maintain facilities.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of Prideful Patchez, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers;
- Addressing crimes committed on Prideful Patchez property;
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
With Your Consent
In circumstances other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, and we also will not sell or rent your personal information for money.